Through the years we have acquired many things for free. The types of things we have found include tools, furniture, clothes, toys, decor, collectibles, construction materials and much more. The sources for these free things have included friends, family, roadsides, exploring old farms, freecycle websites, clean-out jobs, retail promotions and chance. Although there are probably hundreds of items we have acquired over the years, I will only be able to share a fraction of the things we already have. I will be sure to document all future finds.



Sunday, September 16, 2012

Wildflower Arrangements


I love having flowers in my house, but I refuse to buy them. During the spring, summer and fall I will pick flowers from around our property. I have lilacs, tiger lillies, black eyed susans, daisys, and some that I don't know the names of. I have made arrangements with cattails, branches, greens and pine boughs too. If you have none on your property, buy a packet of mixed wildflower seeds and sprinkle them in an area you don't mow. If you can't do that, sometimes a walk or a drive will take you to a place to gather your arrangements. Just be sure not to pick on property that you shouldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment